Have you ever wondered how to set the number displayed under ‘My Number’ on your BlackBerry when you go to dial a number or enter the Call Log?
The below instructions will allow you to change this number as by default no number is displayed:
- Enter the ‘Settings’ menu
- Select ‘Advanced Options’
- Select ‘SIM Card’
- Push the ‘roller wheel’ in, or press the ‘Menu’ button on the BlackBerry Perl.
- Select ‘Edit SIM Phone Number’
- Enter your phone number in international format (eg: +4477????????)
- Press the ‘Enter’ button
- Return to the ‘Main Menu’ and if asked if you wish to save the settings
It may be necessary to perform a hard reboot after following the above steps. To do this, simply remove the battery from your handset, wait a few seconds and put it back in again.
If you have problems remembering your mobile number, then you’ll find this useful, as each time you press the green call button (to enter the call log screen) your number will now be displayed next to where it says ‘My Number’.